Time Warner Building iTunes Competitor
Time Warner is building an iTunes competitor. You know, sometimes I get irked when I see websites use the word "competitor" so loosely. The geniuses at Time Warner Cable have had a long time to think about music and they've had a long time to watch Apple's iTunes and mirror its success. So, they've unveiled a service that is:
- Not iPhone compatible.
- Not iPod compatible either.
- Half as many songs as iTunes.
- Not compatible with Macs at all.
- Windows Media format only, plus DRM.
- Subscription only, $9.95 / month
It'll sell like gangbusters. This competitor is pretty much a license to print money. It's the lost formula to turn lead into gold. It's the missing link that will make the Zune sell like hotcakes.