Daily tip: how to hide built-in apps like weather and stocks [jailbreak]
Here is a tip for Jailbreakers on how to hide apps -- like Apple's built in and impossible to delete weather and stocks -- easily with the Poof tweak that comes built into your SBSettings. SBSettings is a free tweak from the Cydia app store that will do just that. Hit the jump to find out how to get it on your device.
- Launch Cydia from your [jailbroken device](http://www.imore.com/2011/05/06/jailbreak-ios-433-redsn0w-096rc15-untethered/).
- In Cydia, search "SBSettings"
- Download the tweak from Cydia.
How to use
- Launch the tweak from your device by sliding your finger across the top status bar.
- Select the More button.
- Select the Hide Icons button.
- Select which icons you would like to hide.
- Respring your device.
**Bonus Tip: If you're not Jailbroken, you can't delete built in app but you can hide them in folders and consign them to distant home screen.
Any other icon tips to share? Leave them in the comments!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)