TweetDeck for iPhone, take 2
TweetDeck hasn't launched an all new version of their popular Twitter client for iPhone -- they've launched a whole new app. It supports a ton of features:
- All major Twitter features are supported: Sending updates, retweeting (native and old-style), favourites, mentions, direct messages and searching
- Posting to multiple Twitter accounts is a breeze
- Facebook status updates, notifications, wall posts, Likes and comments are all at your fingertips
- Configurable, combined Home, Me and Inbox columns are standard, bringing all your feeds and notifications together
- Fully flexible custom columns allow the combination of any number of different feeds, from all services and all accounts. You decide what you want to see, just pinch a column and start configuring.
- Innovative navigation of Twitter profiles helps you discover new feeds that can all be added as columns at the touch of a button
- See the conversation in context with tweets above and below in detail view.
- Easily send long posts thanks to full Deck.ly support
- Clean & clear compose window features image uploading, geo-tagging and username autocomplete for @mentions. Press and hold a link to auto-shorten using j.mp
- Login with your TweetDeck account to speed through the setup process, or just provide a Twitter or Facebook account and get started.
- Jump to the top of a column with a quick tap of the iPhone status bar.
With features, however, comes complexity -- starting at login and going from there. No doubt a lot of users will love the power but many more will probably shake their head and go backLike we said up top, it's not a new version so it won't show up as an update -- you have to hit the link below and install the new app. If you do, let me know what you think -- the Twitter client of your dreams or... of your nightmares?
[Free - iTunes link]
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]