Along with the official changes of yesterday's update, there are some unofficial changes that aren't good enough to make a bullet point on Apple's list. Which is weird, because some of these are huge.
- You can now select different alerts for incoming messages:
Settings -> Sounds -> New Text Message -> choice of:
Tri-Tone (default), Chime, Glass, Horn, Bell, Electronic
- International keys are available by holding down the letter key.
- The iPhone mail application supports MP3 and .wav Attachments
- includes the closed captioning abilities promised
- enables a debug console for MobileSafari for web developers to find errors on their pages:
Settings -> Safari -> Developer -> Debug Console [on/off]
- breaks every 3rd party jailbreak -- the iPhoneDevWiki team will have to reverse-engineer the iPhone all over again
- since the iPhone can't be jailbroken, there is no way to get 3rd party ringtones on the iPhone.
And just for the sake of posterity, after the break there's a readable version of Apple's list of official changes.
- iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
- Louder speakerphone and receiver volume
- Home button double-click shortcut to phone favorites or music controls
- Space bar double-tap shortcut to intelligently insert period and space
- Mail attachments are viewable in portrait and landscape
- Stocks and cities in Stocks and Weather can be re-ordered
- Apple Bluetooth Headset battery status in the Status Bar
- Support for TV Out
- Preference to turn off EDGE/GPRS when roaming internationally
- New Passcode lock time intervals
- Adjustable alert volume