Untappd, the "Foursquare for beer" social check-in service, has released their official iPhone app. You can now check-in to what beer you're drinking with the option of adding location information for sharing with friends on the network.
Previously limited to a webapp, the native app offers a number of welcomed features including Notifications and the ability to upload photos with your check-in. Get ready to drink socially...
Untappd is a new way to socially track, rate, & share with your friends what beers you're enjoying, as well as where you're enjoying them. You can see what beers are trending nearby and where you can find them. Untappd will also share recommendations based on your drinking preferences. Curious about a specific beer? See what other users are saying about it and add it to your wish list to make sure you remember to find it! As you explore more brews and locations, you will uncover a variety of badges.
- Track & rate what beers you have and share them with your friends
- Upload a photo of the beer your having and sharing it with your friends.
- Notifications of your friends comments and toasts
- Geolocation enabled so you can tag your location & see what’s trending nearby
- Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare & Gowalla integration for social sharing
- Toast and comment on your friends beers
- Earn a wide variety of badges
- See what beers are trending nearby and where to find them
Untappd is available for the iPhone and iPod touch for free.