UPDATED: Verizon/Motorola Droid Revealed, Kicks iPhone in the Specs
Update: Boy Genius has an advanced preview up for the Droid rocking Android 2.0.
OrigiThis time it wasn't the blogshinobi who leaked more details on Verizon's upcoming Motorola Droid "iPhone Killer", but good old Moto itself, according to Android Central:
Motorola just went live with the official Droid webpage and it went into beautifully excruciating detail about this most anticipated device. The early publishing of the website is no longer available but Motorola's mistake is our gain, now we don't have to wait til October 28th to get the nitty gritty specs.
And those specs are a fairly impressive:
- Android 2.0 'Eclair'
- 3.7-inch WVGA (480x854), 16:9 touchscreen
- 550 MHz processor
- 6 oz (169g)
- 2.4 x 4.6 x.5 inches (60x115.80x13.70mm)
- 3.5mm headphone jack (yes, HTC has now made this a feature for Android)
- Broswer will support Flash 10 in 2010
- Wi-Fi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth, microUSB (comes with 16gb microSDHC card)
- 1400 mAh battery (rated at nearly 6 and a half hours of usage time)
- 5 megapixel camera with image stabilization, 4x zoom, dual-led Flash, and auto-focus
- the color is listed as: 'Licorice w/ brown sugar accents'
So Android is now taking a page from Windows Mobile and really pushing the hardware. Is this finally enough to force Apple into raising its own spec game? (TiPb did ask for an iPhone HD last year already). And if so, will next June be soon enough to keep the new generation of competitors at bay?
If the latter, should Windows Mobile (which uses the same split software model and hardware partners), and BlackBerry (which used to have Verizon's spotlight) be worried?
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!