Update: Well, folks, it appears that it was too good to last, as Vidyo seems to have been removed from the App Store, according to Techcrunch.
If you've ever wanted to take a screen recording of your iPhone's screen directly from your iPhone, Vidyo is the app you've been waiting for. Vidyo, available now for iPhone and iPad, allows you to capture your device's screen, along with its audio, no matter what app you're using. You can then take the video and audio, remix them, add your own audio or commentary over it, and more.
Here's what you can look forward to with Vidyo:
- Capture your device screen no matter which app you are in.
- Capture your device audio (anything that comes out of the speakers) in full original quality.
- Capture from the Microphone, Camera or any other available media input on your device.
- Add background music or commentary to existing videos with full control of mixing volumes.
- Capture new videos and trim them before uploading to online media sites. (on board camera and any other connected and compatible video source)
- Unique new trim control to help you trim audio files with precision.
- Record and manage all your media files from one place.
Vidyo works through your phone's AirPlay menu, accessed by swiping up on the bottom of the screen to bring up control center, then tapping the AirPlay button, and selecting "Vidyo". You can stop recording by selecting the same menu and selecting "iPhone" once again.
Vidyo can be found right now in the App Store.
- $4.99 - Download Now