VLC for iPhone and iPad has been updated, making improvements to the interface, adding support for iPad multitasking in iOS 9 and the iPad Pro, and introducing a completely re-written Apple Watch app. The flexible media player, which allows you to playback a diverse set of media from different sources, has added support for SMB file sharing, Touch ID, and multi-disk album playback.
VLC 2.7 for iPhone and iPad contains the following improvements and additions:
- Dropped support for iOS 6.1. VLC requires iOS 7.0 now
- Added support for SMB file sharing
- Re-wrote Apple Watch extension for watchOS 2
- Media stored in folders on remote servers is now played as a list
- Reworked networking UI
- Added support for system-wide search "CoreSpotlight"
- Added improved UI support for Right-to-Left languages
- Added support for the split-screen appearance in iOS 9
- Added support for Touch ID to unlock app
- Added option to configure playback continuation
- Added option to configure gestures
- Added support for music albums with more than 1 disk
- Display chapter duration in playback UI
- Recently played network stream URL are now shared across all devices
- Stored login information is now shared across all devices
- Cloud login credentials are now shared across all devices
You can grab VLC 2.7 from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now