Media player VLC is making its triumphant return to the App Store. The versatile media player returns with some important new features, including native support for Plex Media Servers, custom URL schemes, and much more.
VLC is now ready for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, among other things. The app has actually received two updates since developer VideoLAN started preparing for its return to the store. Below is the full list of changes found in both updates:
What's New in Version 2.4.1:
- UI improvements
- Reliability improvements for UPnP and WiFi Sharing
- Updated decoders
Changes in 2.4.0:
- Support for iPhone 6 and 6+
- Native support for plex media servers
- Streaming and folder support for GDriveSearch within the media library
- Table view mode for library on iPadSupport for on-the-fly synchronization of subtitles and audio with video
- Custom URL scheme based on x-callback-url
- Various improvements and bugfixesNew translation to Traditional Chinese
The desktop version of VLC also received an update today. VLC 2.2.0, codenamed WeatherWax, adds a number of features, including an updated interface for OS X Yosemite. Additionally, VLC also supports resuming playback where you left off, in-app downloading extensions, and more. You can download VLC for OS X from VideoLAN's website.
VLC for iPhone and iPad is rolling out now on the App Store.
- Free - Download Now