The week in iPhone
Missed a compelling piece of iPhone news, a great review, or a killer how-to? We're not collecting absolutely everything in iPhone here -- you can hit up TiPb.com/iPhone for that! -- but we're carefully picking what we think is the best of the last 7 days and presenting it here for your review.
- TiPb TV 20: Bond boat bash [giveaway]
- ZENandTECH 8: Perfectionism
- Superfunctional 2: The Walking Dread [iPod nano giveaway]
Apple Q3 2011
- Apple Q3 2011 results: 20.34 million iPhones, 9.25 million iPads, 7.54 million iPods, $7.31 billion in profit
- Tim Cook on Android activations: Apple’s numbers are straight forward, transparent, quarterly
- Google says Apple sues rather than innovates. Google’s problem is Apple does both.
- Microsoft wants to make Android more expensive, Apple wants to make it less usable
iPhone 5/Budget iPhone
- Speculating about iPhone nano, aka budget iPhone (not iPhone 3GS)
- Poll: What new feature do you want most for iPhone 5?
- Apple releases iOS 4.3.4 and iOS 4.2.9 PDF security fix for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- iOS 4.3.4/4.2.9 also kills untethered exploit dead
- Steve Jobs: Apple’s board looking into possibilities for succession is “hogwash”
- Chinese counterfeit phones are nothing new, counterfeit Apple Stores, now that’s something new!
- The difference between Mike Lazaridis and Steve Jobs
- The truth about jailbreaking and the jailbreak community
- Daily Tip: How to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 beta 3 via Redsn0w 0.9.8b2
- Developer Spotlight: Jonathan George and Josh Viney of Boxcar
- Official Google+ for iPhone hits the App Store [Update]