Weight Record for iPhone is an iPhone app that will help you keep track of your weight. It features a gorgeous interface with quick entry, BMI calculator, and the ability to record a voice memo with each entry.
To record a weight entry, you simply tap the giant weight button at the top of the screen, slide to the correct weight, and tap the button again. Below the weight, you can see your BMI and the amount of weight change since the previous day. Unfortunately, the weight change is only calculated for consecutive days and is not displayed if the time since last entry was more than one day.
Weight Record also allows users to record a voice memo with each entry. This is a unique feature for weight tracking apps, but it makes me wonder why there isn't the ability to add a text note as well.
At the bottom of the screen, there is a horizontal calendar that you can scroll through to look at past entries or submit an entry for a past date. In the middle of the screen, you can see your entries displayed as a graph. Unfortunately, this graph can only be viewed 7 days at a time
Rotating to landscape orientation will increase the number of days in the graph from 7 to 13 days, but again, the zoom cannot be altered.
At the top of the screen, there is a progress bar that represents your weight-loss progress. Pulling down on the little arrow will reveal your average weight change by day, week, and month, as well as display your start weight and goal weight.
One of the baffling things about Weight Record is that you cannot delete an entry. It's possible to change an entry, but I cannot figure out how to delete one. The description of Weight Record claims to include this ability, so if it's really there, it's definitely not intuitive. The developers have actually let me know that in order to delete an entry, you must change its value to 0 and it will disappear. It's definitely not elegant, but at least the ability is there!
- Beautiful interface
- Simple setup
- Create audio notes to keep track of diet changes or other events
- Calculate your ideal weight
- View your BMI
- Set weight goals and monitor progress
- Change weight from any day
- Support for US and metric units
- View your average weight loss/gain by day, week and month
- Infinite Graph displays audio notes and overall loss/gain direction
Can't delete a weight entry (or I just can't figure out)Deleting an entry is a bit cumbersome
- Can't zoom out graph and view by week, month, year, etc
- Can't add text note with each entry, only voice memo
- Weight change only displayed for consecutive days. It should calculate and display since previous entry. Some people only weigh themselves once a week and want to quickly know weight change since previous weigh-in.
- No sync
- No projections
The bottom line
Even though Weight Record is missing some features that I would love to see, especially when it comes to graphs, I really like this app. I'm a sucker for a pretty interface and that's how Weight Record grabbed my attention. It reminds me a bit of WeightBot and is now my go to weight-tracking app.
- $0.99 - Download now