Each week, the App Store highlights some of the best new and updated apps. This week, we new apps from the NBA and Instagram, Afterpulse, and terrifying horror games.
This week, we start our app selections with NBA 2015-16, the NBA's official app for tracking the new basketball season. Instagram launched Boomerang, a new app for creating short movies out of photos. Great Big Story offers video storytelling from around the world. Finally, Lucid by Perfectly Clear aims to help you retouch and post your photos as quickly as possible.
- NBA 2015-16 - Free - Download Now
- Boomerang - Free - Download Now
- Great Big Story - Free - Download Now
- Lucid by Perfectly Clear - $2.99 - Download Now
This week, games start off with Afterpulse, a new third-person shooter that features both single and multiplayer action. Those looking to make a little music can check out Guitar Hero Live, which can be played both as a touch-only game or with an optional Bluetooth controller. Adventure fans can check out Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, which puts you in the role of two brothers, controlling both at the same time. Gameloft has also gotten into the realm of trivia with Trivial Pursuit & Friends.
- Afterpulse - Free - Download Now
- Guitar Hero Live - Free - Download Now
- Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - $4.99 - Download Now
- Trivial Pursuit & Friends - Free - Download Now
Continuing this month's Halloween theme, the App Store has prepared a selection of games with horror elements for you to play. You have survival horror titles like Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities, and point and click games like Five Nights at Freddy's 4. You could also try Home, an 8-bit take on horror, or the monochrome platformer Limbo, where you make your way across a treacherous world.
- Forgotten Memories: Alternate Realities - $5.99 - Download Now
- Five Nights at Freddy's 4 - $2.99 - Download Now
- Home - A Unique Horror Adventure - $2.99 - Download Now
- Limbo - $4.99 - Download Now
Check back next week for more new apps and games from the App Store, and remember to check out this week's Free App of the Week.