Each week, the App Store highlights some of the best new and updated apps. This week, take a look at The New Yorker Today, Warbits, and apps about animals.
We start our look at new apps this week with The New Yorker Today, which offers a continuously-updated feed of the magazine's editors' picks. Imprint, a curated men's clothing and lifestyle publication, has launched its app. Blogo, a popular blogging utility on the Mac, has now launched for iPhone and iPad. Finally, check out This, an app that lets you annotate photos and screenshots with text, shapes, and pointers.
- The New Yorker Today - Free - Download Now
- Imprint - Free - Download Now
- Blogo - Free - Download Now
- This - $1.99 - Download Now
Games this week start with Warbits, a new turn-based strategy title. If you're looking for a new word game, check out the Spellspire, in which spelling is your key to advancing through an epic fantasy world. Cell Surgeon is a new match four strategy game that puts you in a colorful 3D world. You should also take a look at NO THING, a surreal, story-based adventure.
- Warbits - $2.99 - Download Now
- Spellspire- Free - Download Now
- Cell Surgeon - $1.99 - Download Now
- No THING - $1.99 - Download Now
To mark the upcoming release of the live-action Jungle Book film in theaters, Apple is promoting a set of jungle-themed apps. These apps including Disney's Jungle Book story app, along with apps like Toca Nature, Goodnight Safari, and Foodo World.
- The Jungle Book: Disney Classics - $0.99 - Download Now
- Toca Nature - $2.99 - Download Now
- Goodnight Safari - Free - Download Now
- Foodo World - $2.99 - Download Now
- Africa - Animal Adventures for Kids! - $2.99 - Download Now
Check back next week for more new apps and games from the App Store, and remember to check out this week's Free App of the Week.