The New York Post released an iPad app today and it is the first iOS digital publication to offer in-app subscriptions. For $1.99, you get a 30-day introductory subscription to the newspaper. An in-app purchase of $6.99 or $79.99 will get you a subscription for a month or year, respectively. Here's what The Post's iPad app has to offer:
- All the key sections of the newspaper - News, Page Six, Opinion, Pulse, Business and Sports
- Ability to make your own front page and share it with The Post or your friends
- View photo galleries and videos while you read the paper
- Share stories via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter
- Save any newspaper issue you want to keep
- Set the app so you start reading from the Sports section every day
- Portrait or landscape mode
- Additional photos and videos not found in the paper.
All I have to say in regards to a member of big media having a digital subscription available is - "it's about damn time." Hopefully others will soon follow.
If you pick this one up, let us know what you think!