Here's how notifications work on the Apple Watch
Notifications are an important part of any smartwatch and Apple has walked us through how things are going to work on the newly announced Apple Watch. With the new "Taptic Engine" you'll be getting a gentle "tap on your wrist" type notification.
- Raise your wrist and the notification will come in
- Swipe up for more information, buttons and controls
- It analyzes the text from incoming messages and creates context-sensitive auto replies
- Dictation to reply with speech-to-text or recorded voice
- Animated emoji are on hand that are specific to Apple Watch and you can control the eyes and mouth to manipulate the emoji.
All sounds pretty slick and it's been well received on the event floor, but we're really looking forward to strapping up and going wrists on for ourselves!
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado