What you need to know
- SwiftKey for iOS now supports speech to text.
- The same update also brings a trending GIFs section to the GIF panel.
- The update is generally available to all people on iOS.
SwiftKey for iOS has a new update that brings support for voice typing and adds a trending GIFs section to the GIF panel. The update brings SwiftKey to version 2.7.0 and is generally available for iOS devices.
The app's listing in the App Store includes the full changelog:
- For those moments when you prefer to speak instead of type - we've added Voice Typing to your SwiftKey Keyboard. If you've selected English as your language option, just tap on the microphone icon to get started and begin dictation. Tip: punctuation can be inserted explicitly - e.g. try saying "new line."
- There's a new addition to the GIF panel. You can now see top "trending" GIFs from your locale.
SwiftKey is one of Microsoft's many productivity applications on iOS. It currently has a 4.7-star rating with over 63,000 reviews and ranks highly within the Utilities section of the App Store. The app allows you to swipe to type, can automatically suggest words, and supports sharing your location, GIFs, and several other forms of media.
SwiftKey provides a variety of input methods for your iOS device's keyboard. You can swipe to type, dictate text, and share emojis and GIFs through SwiftKey.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Foxconn maintains that it will have a factory in Wisconsin eventually
Despite how it might look, Foxconn still thinks that it will one day have a factory up and running in Wisconsin.
Apple shareholders urged to vote for proposal on freedom of expression
Non-profit advocacy group SumOfUs has urged Apple's shareholders to vote in favor of a proposal that would force its Board of Directors to report annually regarding the company's policies regarding freedom of expression and access to information.
Apple shared the infamous '1984' Superbowl ad 36 years ago today
It was the day that a computer became a household name.
Don't lose important data on your Mac, make sure to back it up!
One of the most important things you should be doing with your Mac is backing up all of its data. Here are some of our favorite solutions for backing up your most important files, should anything ever happen.