Apple announced the iPhone 5s at today's keynote. Here are the complete specs.
- Space Gray
Capacity and Price
- 16GB - $199
- 32GB - $299
- 64GB - $399
Weight and Dimensions
- Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
- Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inches (7.6 mm)
- Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)
- A7 chip with 64-bit architecture
- M7 motion coprocessor
- T-Mobile US
Cellular and Wireless
- Model A1533 (GSM): UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)
- Model A1533 (CDMA): CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 19, 20, 25)
- Model A1453: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26)
- Model A1457: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20)
- Model A1530: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20); TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40)
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Assisted GPS and GLONASS
- Digital Compass
- Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button
- Retina display
- 4-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- 500 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on front
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
- 8 megapixels with 1.5µ pixels
- ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Sapphire crystal lens cover
- True Tone flash
- Backside illumination sensor
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR filter
- Tap to focus
- Face detection
- Burst mode
- Photo geotagging
- 1080p HD video recording
- 30 fps
- True Tone flash
- Slo-mo video
- Improved video stabilization
- Take still photo while recording video
- Face detection
- 3x zoom
- Video geotagging
- 1.2MP photos (1280 by 960)
- 720p HD video recording
- Backside illumination sensor
- iPhone 5s to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi-Fi or cellular
- Initiate video calls over LTE, DC-HSDPA, HSPA+, 3G, and 2G
- HVGA-resolution (480 by 368) calls over Wi-Fi
- iPhone 5s to any FaceTime-enabled device over Wi‑Fi or cellular
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- AirPlay mirroring and video out to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 1080p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter (adapters sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 60 frames per second, High Profile level 4.2 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Use your voice to send messages, set reminders, and more.
External Buttons and Connectors
- External Buttons and Controls
- Volume up/down
- Home/Touch ID sensor
- Connectors and input/output
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- Built-in speaker
- Lightning connector
Power and Battery
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
- Talk time: Up to 10 hours on 3G
- Standby time: Up to 250 hours
- Internet use: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, up to 10 hours on Wi-Fi
- Video playback: Up to 10 hours
- Audio playback: Up to 40 hours
- Three-axis gyro
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Fingerprint identity sensor
- iTunes Store
- Game Center
- Voice Memos
- App Store
Free Apps from Apple
- iTunes U
- iTunes Festival
- Find My iPhone
- Find My Friends
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- Storage and travel case
- iPhone 5s not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards
Rating for Hearing Aids
- iPhone 5s (Model A1453, A1533): M3, T4
- iPhone 5s (Model A1457, A1530): M4, T4
Mail Attachment Support
- Viewable document types
- .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel); .zip; .ics
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 8; Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
- iTunes 11.1 or later (free download from www.itunes.com/download)
- Operating ambient temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)
- Language support
- English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Keyboard support
- English (U.S.), English (Canadian), English (UK), English (Australian), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Dictionary support (enable predictive text and autocorrect)
- English (U.S.), English (Canadian), English (UK), English (Australian), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German, Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Siri languages
- English (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia), Spanish (U.S., Mexico, Spain), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
In the Box
- iPhone 5s with iOS 7
- Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic
- USB Power Adapter
Source: Apple (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Please let it have 2 gigs of memory.
awesome specs.... no one can beat this.. i am excited to see 4 inc screen and 1440 battery and camera with burst mode
What do you mean by "beat this"?
@seemaboss: Are you serious?
But they can beat screen specs.
we found the druggie guys
Can the iPhone 5s do voice and data at the same time on Verizon? BC I know that the 5 doesn't.
It's a Verizon issue, not iPhone issue.
Android phones on Verizon have simultaneous voice and data...
So does Apple. As stated, it's a Verizon issue.
Then why do Android phones on Verizon have it?
It is my understanding that the android devices that support simultaneous voice and data on Verizon do so because that actually built in two radios to accommodate Verizon's network.
Incorrect, please read this, it is a HARDWARE design limitation: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6295/why-the-iphone-5-lacks-simultaneous-v...
nope, that will still be limited to one at a time. best bet is to wait until Voice over LTE (VoLTE) comes out. Then you can do both at the same time, IF you are making a phone call over LTE and not their voice network.
It can't because Apple only puts one antenna for CDMA in their phones. Most Android phones have two, so they can use one for data and one for voice.
What I'd like to know is, why do they have like 5 different models this time? The LTE bands aren't that different on most of them. I can see having a separate model for China for their peculiar frequencies that they're on, but the rest of those models look kind of superfluous. From an LTE compatibility perspective the A1453 looks like the one to have, as it encompasses almost every LTE band there is. That's the one I'd get.
Am I the only one who finds it kind of sad that on Windows side Apple is supporting an OS that is over 10 years old yet they are not even supporting their own OS's back 5 years? *aka Vista is an older OS than what Apple is supporting
That's probably because the market share of most of Apple's older versions of OS X is so insignificant. Windows XP, on the other hand, still has a massive market share. Also, during the time since XP, Apple released 8 versions of their OS while Microsoft released 3.
Ditto! I upgraded my router just for this purpose….. and no 128gb version.
Me too!! :/
With the 350$ trade in from Wal Mart I'll only pay 50$ to upgrade... No question.
$350? I thought Walmart was only giving up to a max of $300 for the iPhone 5.
315 for the 16 GB 350 for 64 GB
Your right I saw that after I went through their exchange process. Target, partnered with NextWorth will pay $410.00 for a 64GB iPhone 5 however, that's what I will be doing.
Hmm. I'm getting 325 for a black 64gb iPhone 5 on AT&T with Target.
For 64GB you should be getting more than even $410
are the 5 and 5s the same size? So a 5 case will work on a 5s? Or do we have to buy a 5s specific case?
The new 5s leather case also fits the iPhone 5 so I would think current cases are good to go!!
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.