AirPods are the future of headphones, at least as far as Apple is concerned. Each one has a chipset that allows for easy pairing and rock-solid audio sync, an accelerometer to register tap controls, an infrared sensor so they know when they're in your ears and when they're out, and beam-forming mics so your voice comes through loud and clear.
AirPods Buyers Guide
Not sure whether AirPods are the headphones for you? Check out our review, buyers guide, and comparisons.
- AirPods 2 review
- AirPods vs. Jabra Elite 65t: Which should you buy?
- AirPods (gen 1) review: The future of wireless with some present pain
- Bose SoundSport Free vs Apple Airpods: Which should you buy?
- Apple AirPods vs Jaybird X4: Which wireless headphones should you buy?
How to pair your AirPods
Thanks to a custom chipset, connecting to your iPhone is a breeze, your Apple Watch is automatic, and even your iPad and Mac will share the pairing thanks to iCloud sync.
How to configure your Apple AirPods
Once connected, you can change your AirPods' name, set the double tap shortcut, toggle ear detection, and even choose how the mics work.
- How to rename your AirPods
- How to set the double tap shortcut on your AirPods
- How to turn off automatic ear detection on your AirPods
- How to choose which microphone is used by your AirPods
How to use your AirPods
AirPods have no physical buttons. You can, however, double tap the entire earbud to either invoke Siri or to play/pause audio. With AirPods 2, you can also call out, "Hey, Siri" to get some help. If you use Siri you can use the power of your voice to play and control almost anything you can think of.
Take care of your AirPods
Once you've got a set of AirPods, make sure you take care of them! Here's how to clean your AirPods, make them your own, and even find them in strange places — like the snow!
- How to clean your AirPods
- Best ways to personalize your AirPods
- How to find your AirPods in the snow — seriously
- How to find lost AirPods with the Find My iPhone app
AirPods in real life
How do AirPods fare when you use them with a non-Apple device, or while exercising? Here are some of our real-world tests with Apple's earbuds.
- AirPods vs Android: How Apple's headphones work cross-platform
- Another reason to love AirPods: They fit under my hockey helmet
- How to get the Siri experience in an older car with AirPods
Having problems with your AirPods and their battery life? We've got a few suggestions.
Cyber Monday is the perfect time to score a saving on your next big tech purchase. If a Cyber Monday AirPods deals are what you're after, we've got you covered with this guide.
The AirPods 2 sold out in a flash over Black Friday - but now, as Cyber Monday rounds the corner they're back in stock at Amazon.
These true wireless earphones are great alternatives to Apple's AirPods, and you can save as much as $100 ahead of Cyber Monday.
With the Nothing OS firmware update 1.1.7, users can finally track their AirPods battery percentage on their phone.
Apple acoustics engineer Esge Andersen talks about how, with AirPods Pro 2, the goal was to put AirPods Max in your pocket.
Apple has launched its Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals with free gift cards available with select purchases.
Samsung produces some of the very best earbuds on the market, including the Galaxy Buds Pro. They're currently discounted for Black Friday.
Beats Fit Pro are some of the best active earbuds for iOS and Android. Right now, they're on sale for Black Friday.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.