It's been a busy week in the world of cord-cutting. Amazon rolled out the Fire TV Cube, which could well replace a couple of pieces of hardware in many living rooms. And Apple announced some fairly significant updates to Apple TV 4K — but they won't be ready for public consumption until the fall.
And understandably, many of us are thinking about chef/author/host/badass Anthony Bourdain this weekend. There's still time to catch his Parts Unknown series on Netflix before it's off that service.
Here's the rundown of what you need to read:
- Amazon Fire TV Cube is here: It's as if an Amazon Echo and Fire TV had a baby. Or something. We've got everything you need to know so far, including which Fire TV is right for you.
- What to do when your smart TV goes dumb: We're seeing more sets with full-blown operating systems, like Android TV, webOS, Roku and Fire OS. But what happens when the TV manufacturer abandons the set before its time?
- Apple's gorgeous screensavers on Android TV: Yes, you can do it. And, yes, you'll want it.
- Sonos Beam is a less-expensive Sonos sound bar: Sonos isn't known for inexpensive products. And while $399 ain't cheap, the Beam is a welcome addition to the lineup.
- Apple TV 4K will get Dolby Atmos support: Dolby Atmos is the coolest audio feature you probably don't have yet. (It takes compatible hardware, speakers, and source material.) But it's coming to Apple TV 4K this fall.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
European consumer group demands compensation from Apple over batterygate
A consumer association is demanding compensation from Apple over claims it slowed down user's iPhones.
iPhone 12's 'high-end' camera production 4-6 weeks behind schedule
Estimates suggest production is currently 4-6 weeks behind.
Analyst claims Apple has a 10-year lead in wearables, and that's being kind
Apple analyst Neil Cybart has a new, lengthy post up touting Apple's wearables market amongst other things.
Get the perfect cup of tea with these strainers and infusers
There's nothing like fresh hot tea to warm you in the winter or iced tea to cool you off in the summer. Brew your own loose leaf tea with one of these tea strainers or infusers.