What you need to know
- Apple has begun selling the iPhone XS and iPhone Max refurbished.
- The phones are currently available on Apple's refurbished section of the Apple Store website.
- You can grab savings of $200 to $250 off the current selling price a brand new phone.
Today, Apple has begun selling refurbished models of the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max on the refurbished section of the Apple Store website (opens in new tab). This is the first time that the website has seen refurbished models of the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max available since the phones originally launched in September of 2018.
You can currently find the iPhone XS in all three colors: Space Gray, Silver, and Gold. The Space Gray and Silver are both available in all three size configurations: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The Gold model is currently only available in 64GB and 256GB. The price ranges from $699 for the 64GB to $999 for the 512GB and all of the phones are unlocked.
The iPhone XS Max is currently only available in Silver and Gold, but each color is available in all storage sizes. The iPhone XS Max starts at $799 for the 64GB to $1099 for the 512GB, and all of the phones are unlocked. That means that you are grabbing a savings of anywhere from $200 to $250 off the current price from a new base model iPhone XS to the top-end iPhone XS Max.
- iPhone XS - 64GB in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold: $699 (Save $200)
- iPhone XS - 256GB in Space Gray, Silver, and Gold: $829 (Save $220)
- iPhone XS - 512GB in Space Gray, Silver: $999 (Save $250)
- iPhone XS Max - 64GB in Silver, Gold: $799 (Save $200)
- iPhone XS Max - 256GB in Silver, Gold: $929 (Save $220)
- iPhone XS Max - 512GB in Silver, Gold: $1,099 (Save $250)
Apple says that all of the phones include a one year warranty, all manuals and accessories, a new battery and outer shell, and a new box. The phones all go through "full functional testing, genuine Apple part replacements (if necessary), and a thorough cleaning". All refurbished iPhones are also eligible for AppleCare if you want your iPhone to be protected from accidental damage protection for two years.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.