Readdle's find document reader and editor, PDF Expert 5, has been updated to include a whole slew of iOS 8 features. iCloud Drive ensures all of your documents are securely available across multiple devices, and you can open them directly to PDF Expert when looking through your cloud-stored files. For extra security, you can now use TouchID to make sure you're the only one to look through your documents.
Here's a full changelog for PDF Expert 5.2
Zoom Writing (iPad): This is a great tool to write with precision. Essentially, it adds the area that zooms in a part of the page and allows you to handwrite more on a single page or document margins. As you write, the zoomed box moves along the page, automatically adjusting to the pace you need to work at.
AirTurn Support: Perfect news for musicians - now you can turn pages of notes and other documents simply by pressing AirTurn pedals or with your bluetooth keyboard arrow keys. Bookmarks Improvements: Bookmarks manager gets amazing improvements in terms of features and looks.
The Bookmark name editing is now inline
- The Position of the page you're currently working on is now highlighted in your application PDF outline
- All the bookmarked pages are clearly marked in the PDF pages manager
- Annotations summary now includes the context from PDF outline.
iOS 8 Exclusives:
- iCloud Drive Support Safely store all your presentations, spreadsheets, PDFs, images and any other kind of documents in your PDF Expert iCloud folder. Directly access them from iCloud Drive on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Mac or PC.
- Open files from iCloud Drive with Document Picker (iPad) You can get documents stored on your iCloud Drive that are not in your PDF Expert application using Document Picker. It works almost like 'Open in...' dialog on your Mac or PC. On the PDF Expert side bar menu tap 'Open...' and navigate to the needed document.
- Open files from iCloud Drive with Document Picker (iPhone) You can get documents stored on your iCloud Drive that are not in your PDF Expert application using Document Picker. It works almost like 'Open in...' dialog on your Mac or PC. On the PDF Expert bottom menu tap 'Open...' and navigate to the needed document.
- Use other iOS apps to work with the files from PDF Expert 5 In any Document Picker enabled application you can get access to all PDF Expert files that are outside the iCloud folder. Just tap 'Locations' in the Document Picker window and select PDF Expert from the list.
- Touch ID Support (iPhone) Use Touch ID, Apple's fingerprint identity sensor, to unlock PDF Expert instead of a regular passcode.
Anyone that works regularly with documents will find everything they need in PDF Expert 5. Go ahead and grab it at the download link below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments.
- $9.99 - Download now
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Apple's 'High Desert' will star Patricia Arquette, directed by Ben Stiller
The new comedy series follows the story of Peggy, a former addict who decides to become a private investigator after her mother dies.
CEO of UK smartphone carrier EE tells employees a 5G iPhone is 'days away'
Marc Allera, CEO of EE, says that a 5G iPhone is "just days away" in a new video shared with the carrier's employees.
Czech girl tips off authorities to malicious apps on iOS and Android
Malicious apps on both iOS and Android reportedly clocked 2.4 million downloads and over $500,000 in revenue. The apps bombarded users with intrusive ads and even hid their icons to prevent users from uninstalling them.
Allergies have you sneezing in your own home? Get a smart air purifier!
Air purifiers are great for keeping the air in your home clean, and smart options take things to the next level with convenient, connected, controls. Here's our guide to the best smart Wi-Fi air purifiers that you can buy today.