What you need to know
- Apple now offers AppleCare+ for AirPods and select Beats headphones
- Extends your headphone coverage to two years from your AppleCare+ purchase date
- AppleCare+ for headphones is priced at $29
In addition to the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, Apple Watch Series 5, and 7th generation iPad, Apple has quietly rolled out AppleCare+ for its headphone lineup. Reported by 9to5Mac, the service adds an additional two years of hardware repair coverage and two incidents of accidental damage from the date of purchase.
Apple has detailed the workings of the plan on its AppleCare Products (opens in new tab) website:
AppleCare+ for Headphones comes with the following benefits:
- 2 years of Apple-certified service and support coverage
- 24/7 priority access to technical support
- Up to 2 incidents of accidental damage coverage (subject to a service fee of $29 plus applicable tax)
- Headphones, battery service (if holding less than 80% charge), and charging cable coverage
AppleCare+ has always been a great service, and AppleCare+ for Headphones is no exception. If you have an issue with your headphones and they are covered under AppleCare+, you have quite a few options for getting help now:
- 24/7 priority access to Apple experts via chat or phone
- Mail-in repair: Mail in your headphones using a prepaid shipping box provided by Apple
- Carry-in repair: Take your headphones to an Apple Store or other Apple Authorized Service Provider
- Express Replacement Service
If you'd like to purchase AppleCare+ for your headphones, you have two options: buy the service at the same time you purchase your headphones, or buy it within 60 days of your headphones purchase. AppleCare+ for Headphones is currently available for the following headphones:
- Beats EP
- Beats Pro
- Beats Solo3 Wireless
- Beats Studio3 Wireless
- Powerbeats Pro
- Powerbeats3 Wireless
This is a welcome addition to AppleCare, and a very reasonably priced one at that. If you'd like to learn more, visit Apple's AppleCare Products (opens in new tab) website.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.