AT&T has reported its earnings for the fourth quarter of 2014 today. Combining its wireless and wireline businesses the company brought in revenue of $132.4 billion on the year, with $34.4 billion in the fourth quarter alone — up 3.8 percent over the same quarter a year ago. Additionally, the company reported that, after compensating for a 77 cent per share loss because of various charges, earnings per share were up to 55 cents compared to 53 cents for the same quarter last year.
On the wireless side of things, AT&T noted that it scored 1.9 million net added customers in the fourth quarter, for a total of 5.6 million over the course of 2014. Additionally, its wireless revenues shot up 7.7 percent over the fourth quarter of 2013. Here are some highlights from the report:
- $19.9 billion in wireless revenue, up 7.7 percent year over year
- $15.1 billion in wireless service revenues, down 3.7 percent year over year
- $16.6 billion in wireless operating expenses, up 14.8 percent year over year
- $3.2 billion in operating income, down 18.1 percent year over year
- 854,000 net postpaid subscribers added in the quarter
- Almost 52 million Mobile Share subscribers, representing nearly 70 percent of postpaid subscribers