Sprint is now offering anyone who switches from their current wireless carrier to its service full reimbursement of both their termination fees and any remaining phone payments.
This is just the latest effort from Sprint to get new customers. The company says that it will pay off any remaining fees and costs from former carriers "no matter what is owed." Here's how it will work:
- Bring your number from any other carrier with an early termination fee or phone installment plan balance.
- Activate a device on Sprint Easy Pay, iPhone for Life Plan, Sprint Lease or pay full retail price with a new line of service.
- Complete an online registration at www.sprint.com/joinsprint and upload a bill that shows applicable charges for reimbursement within 60 days of activation.
- Customers are required to turn in competitor phones (in good working condition) tied to the bill they submitted. To make this simple and hassle free, customers will receive a prepaid return kit in the mail.
- Award is paid via American Express Reward Card after online registration.
Sprint says the reimbursement money will be sent to their customers "within approximately 15 days" of completing the online registration.