Apple has updated iMovie for Mac, adding a couple of useful new features, including fast project creation. The New Projects button is also more prominently displayed in the Projects browser, and a number of UI tweaks have been made to make the app easier to use overall.
Here's what's new in iMovie 10.1.2:
- Easy to find New Project button in the Projects browser
- Larger project thumbnails that match the look of iMovie for iOS
- Fast project creation lets you begin editing with a single click
- Clicking a video clip selects the entire clip, instead of a range
- Keyboard shortcut to select range within a clip in the browser and timeline (hold down R key while dragging)
- Support for App Preview resolutions for iPad Pro (1600 x 1200) and Apple TV (1920 x 1080)
- Improves stability
You'll find the latest update to iMovie in the Mac App Store now.
- $14.99 - Download Now
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.