Here's how the video message filters will work:
Get started by tapping the filter wand at the bottom left of the video message window. Choose a filter to see it in action then, when you're ready, hit the record button. Add balloons to your video message to celebrate any occasion. If you're feeling goofy, change the appearance of your face to make it look rounder or longer – we love this one! Or, if you're sending a video message showing off your Halloween costume, add some ghosts or use the negative filter to set a spooky mood.
iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users can also take advantage of new 3D Touch features in Skype:
- Force Touch the Skype icon on your home screen for quick access to our most used features – search your Skype contacts, start a call or chat, and access the Skype dial pad. Clicking any of these options takes you to that task in Skype instantly.
- Once you're in the app, you can Force Touch a Recent conversation to Peek the latest instant messages or live video if you're on a call. Swiping up reveals more actions and a harder press will Pop the conversation into the foreground.
- If you're in a conversation and someone shares their location, a photo, URL or contact, you can Force Touch Peek it, then swipe up to reveal more actions or harder press to Pop it into the foreground.
Finally, the 6.5 update for Skype adds these useful features:
- Hide and delete chats from your Recent conversations by swiping the contact or tapping Edit, then choosing if you want to delete the entire chat history or simply hide it from your Recent list. You can also delete the entire chat history from within the conversation using chat menu.
- Share a Skype contact by tapping the contact card icon in a conversation to open your contact list. Then simply select the contact you want to share, tap the tick icon and you're done.
The new updates should be available today from the iOS App Store
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.