Microsoft is rolling out a new Skype update for the iPhone and iPad that adds a way to put in cool filters for video messages. It also adds support for 3D Touch for the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Here's how the video message filters will work:
iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus users can also take advantage of new 3D Touch features in Skype:
- Force Touch the Skype icon on your home screen for quick access to our most used features – search your Skype contacts, start a call or chat, and access the Skype dial pad. Clicking any of these options takes you to that task in Skype instantly.
- Once you're in the app, you can Force Touch a Recent conversation to Peek the latest instant messages or live video if you're on a call. Swiping up reveals more actions and a harder press will Pop the conversation into the foreground.
- If you're in a conversation and someone shares their location, a photo, URL or contact, you can Force Touch Peek it, then swipe up to reveal more actions or harder press to Pop it into the foreground.
Finally, the 6.5 update for Skype adds these useful features:
- Hide and delete chats from your Recent conversations by swiping the contact or tapping Edit, then choosing if you want to delete the entire chat history or simply hide it from your Recent list. You can also delete the entire chat history from within the conversation using chat menu.
- Share a Skype contact by tapping the contact card icon in a conversation to open your contact list. Then simply select the contact you want to share, tap the tick icon and you're done.
The new updates should be available today from the iOS App Store
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
I have been writing professionally about technology and gaming news for 14 years.