Worms 4 blasts its way onto the iPhone and iPad
Worms 4 the latest game in the Worms series, is now available for iPhone and iPad. Designed specifically with mobile in mind, as well as Apple's Metal graphics framework, Worms 4 offers several improvements to the player experience over previous titles in the series. This includes 80 single-player levels, along with synchronis online mulitplayer matches.
Here are just some of the major features you can expect in Worms 4:
- Brand New Weapons: Wreak havoc with an assembly of brand new weapon designs including Hailey's Comet!
- Weapon Upgrades: Worms 4 is designed to be a very rewarding play experience. Players can collect more than a hundred weapon upgrades to make their worms more powerful! Weapon upgrades can be mixed and matched to better suit the player's strategy.
- Five Gorgeous Locations: Do battle in five beautiful hand drawn regions: Middle Turf, Candiville, Wacky-Habara, Tomorrow Islands and the Fro Zone.
- 80 Single Player Missions: Test your skills against 80 single player missions. Missions are designed not only to provide the player with hours of enjoyment, but also to teach the finer points of Worms playing strategy!
- Factions: Each player in the game chooses an allegiance, fighting under the banner of Red or Blue! The daily tug of war competition pits faction against faction, with the winners reaping the benefits of extra in-game rewards!
- World Events: Each week dynamic events take place around the game's world map. The player enters into these events and competes against other players, with the aim of representing their faction and earning prizes for fellow faction members.
- Better with Metal: Users whose devices have metal support enjoy additional visual effects.
You can also connect Worms 4 to you Facebook account to challenge your friends to online matches, or view their progress across the world maps. Worms 4 is avaialble now from the App Store.
- $4.99 - Download Now
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.