Going into the second year of Apple Watch, what would you like to see form the Apple Watch 2?
Apple released the first Apple Watch back in April of last year and if they stick to the same pattern as iPhone and iPad, we'll likely see Apple Watch 2 debut in just a few months. If we leave software out of it for now and focus only on the hardware, what, if anything, would you like to see change this year?
- Thinner, so it fits under dress cuffs.
- Larger 46mm casing size for people who like big watches BIG.
- Round casing for people who don't like square watches.
- Faster Apple S2 system-on-a-chip.
- GPS for better location and fitness tracking.
- Additional sensors for even better health tracking.
- Ambient display technology so you can see the current time all the time.
- Titanium, platinum, and other new casing materials.
- Even more designer partnerships, like Hermès.
Personally, I'm not against a round casing but current interfaces are as poorly served by it as a Mac or your TV would be with a porthold shaped display. If Apple ever went that way, I'd expect they'd take the time to make an interface that not only doesn't suffer from having its corners cut off, but benefits from it in some novel way.
Much of this comes down to personal taste, of course, and the limits of current technology. That's one of the reasons I didn't include multi-day battery life on the list. The price we'd have to pay by giving up features would be far too costly... for now.
So, putting all software concerns aside, If you had Jony Ive ear, what would you ask him to do with Apple Watch 2?