If Apple asked you what you wanted for iPad Pro 2, what would you tell them?
iPad Pro 2 — or whatever Apple calls their next-generation tablets — could arrive as soon as this fall for the year-old 12.9 inch, next spring to coincide with the anniversary of the previous 9.7-inch release, or any time Apple thinks it has a hot new version of the product and we're ready to buy. In the meantime, we're free to list off everything we'd love to see in that hot new version. So, what's on your list?
- DCI-P3 wide color gamut and True Tone for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- 12 megapixel, 4K, Live Photos camera for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro.
- 7.9-inch iPad Pro mini with Smart Keyboard and Apple Pencil support.
- Second/moved FaceTime camera for less awkward conversations while in landscape mode.
- 3D Touch support, even if it requires a Pencil.
- Handwriting recognition for Apple Pencil.
- Eraser support for Apple Pencil.
- Some way to store/stick the Apple Pencil on-device.
- Color options for Apple Smart Keyboard.
- Space Blue (or Space Purple!) finish.
- 10.5-inch version with flexible OLED display, because YOLO!
Those are only a few of the more common requests — and focused on hardware, not software, even though an iOS 10.2/3 update to go along with new hardware would certainly be sweet.
So, if you had Jony Ive's ear, what would you ask him to do with iPad Pro 2?