Apple TV+ film 'Wolfwalkers' earns 10 nominations for the Annie Awards
What you need to know
- Wolfwalkers has earned ten nominations for the Annie Awards.
- The nominations include Best Indie Feature, Best Direction, and Best Music.
Wolfwalkers, the animated film that debuted on Apple TV+ back in 2020, is leading the Annie Awards feature nominations with Disney's Soul with 10 nominations each.
As reported by The Hollywood Reporter, the film is nominated for best independent animated feature.
The full list of nominations for Wolfwalkers is as follows:
- Best Indie Feature: Cartoon Saloon / Melusine
- Best FX for Feature: Wolfwalkers, Kim Kelly, Leena Lecklin, Frédéric Plumey, Almu Redondo, Nicole Storck
- Best Character Animation - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Emmanuel Asquier-Brassart
- Best Character Design - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Federico Pirovano
- Best Direction - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Tomm Moore, Ross Stewart
- Best Music - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Bruno Coulais, Kíla
- Best Production Design - Feature: Wolfwalkers, María Pareja, Ross Stewart, Tomm Moore
- Best Storyboarding - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Guillaume Lorin
- Best Voice Acting - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Eva Whittaker (Mebh Óg MacTíre)
- Best Writing - Feature: Wolfwalkers, Will Collins
The Annie Awards aren't the only awards that Wolfwalkers has been nominated for. The film had also been nominated along with Ted Lasso for a Golden Globe. Jason Sudeikis, who plays the title character in Ted Lasso, went on to win the award for Best Actor in a Comedy Series.
100% exclusive content for the price of a cup of coffee.
With TV+, you can watch well-produced, big-budget TV shows from famed directors, and starring award-winning actors and actresses across all your Apple devices and with up to six members of your Family Sharing group.
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.