To celebrate the launch of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch, Nintendo is hosting two weekly tournaments in the month of May. You can join in on the action and try to reach the pinnacle of achievement by being the actual best racer in the Mario Kart world. All you have to do is join the tournament between now and the end of May, as many times as you can to increase your score.
The first tournament is in the 150cc race and the other is Battle Mode. You can search for them by name, or find them using their unique code.
- Tournament Name: NOA 150cc Tournament
- Tournament Code: 1164-2058-2955
- Tournament Times: Weekly Sundays from 10:00 a.m. PT to 6:00 p.m. PT.
- Tournament Rules: No teams, normal items, No COM
- Conditions: Compete in 8 races to get the highest score. Opponents will shuffle every four matches
- Tournament Name: NOA Battlethon
- Tournament Code: 5341-0615-2491
- Tournament Times: Weekly Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. PT to 6:00 p.m. PT.
- Tournament Rules: Normal items, normal COM, round time is three minutes.
- Conditions: Compete in 10 rounds to get the highest score. Opponents will shuffle every four matches.
The next tournaments will take place May 13 and 14. Though the races are closed during off times, you can still play practice matches to hone your skills. Good luck. See you on the road!
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Lory is a renaissance woman, writing news, reviews, and how-to guides for iMore. She also fancies herself a bit of a rock star in her town and spends too much time reading comic books. If she's not typing away at her keyboard, you can probably find her at Disneyland or watching Star Wars (or both).