What you need to know
- Sandisk has announced two new wireless chargers.
- The Ixpand Wireless Charger 15W provides 15 watts of fast charging.
- The Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync will back up your iPhone while it is charging.
Sandisk has announced two new wireless chargers, and one of them is a first of its kind. While the new Ixpand Wireless Charger 15W (opens in new tab) is a pretty straightforward 15W fast-charging wireless charger, the Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync (opens in new tab) allows you to not only wirelessly charge your iPhone but back it up at the same time. The charging pad features an internal hard drive of up to 256GB and can back up photos and videos from your iPhone while charging your device at the same time.
Sairam Challa, Product Marketing Manager of SanDisk and Western Digital, says that the Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync (opens in new tab) is the world's first wireless charger with automatic local backup.
Here is the full feature list of both new products:
Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync
- Automatically back up photos, videos and contacts right onto the charger by placing your phone on the base
- Delivers up to 10W of power with fast charging
- Easily free up space on your phone knowing your photos and videos are backed up in full resolution
- Includes high-efficiency power plug with 6-foot (1.8m) cable for fast, convenient charging, right out of the box
- Supports multiple backup profiles so you can share the charger with others in your family
Ixpand Wireless Charger 15W
- Delivers up to 15W of power with fast charging
The Ixpand Wireless Charger Sync (opens in new tab) is available now in 64GB for $99.99, 128GB for $129.99, and 256GB for $199.99. Sandisk says that the Ixpand Wireless Charger 15W (opens in new tab) will be available by next month for $49.99.
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.