Having a problem with iBooks? Here's how to fix it.
If you're having issues downloading your ebooks or audiobooks in iBooks, getting configuration errors, or other problems, here are a few fixes you can try.
Can't download? Check your cellular data
Are you getting an error when trying to view the iBooks Store or redownloading an iCloud-stored book in your library? You might have cellular data disabled on your iPhone or iPad. You can check by visiting the Settings app.
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Scroll down and tap iBooks.
Flip the switch next to Cellular Data, under Allow iBooks to Access.
Can't read? Try redownloading
If your book displays strange errors or doesn't look quite right, it may have gotten garbled on download. Rather than suffer through a badly-formatted book, you may want to try deleting the book and redownloading it. Warning: You'll lose any annotations and highlights when you delete the book.
- Tap on the My Books tab. It's in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Tap on the book you want to delete.
- Tap Delete.
Tap on Remove Download.
Tap on the iCloud button on the book you want to re-download.
If all else fails: Talk to Apple
Having an issue we haven't listed here? It's always worth reaching out to Apple Support and chatting with their online support team to see if they can fix your issue. You can also reach out to me or anyone else on the iMore team by leaving a comment below, or dropping a note in our forums!
- How to download and read iBooks
- How to listen to audiobooks with iBooks
- How to share books and excerpts from iBooks
- How to change the format of your iBooks
- How to customize iBooks
- How to sync content with iBooks
- How to manage your iBooks library
- How to sell your ebooks in the iBooks store
- How to troubleshoot iBooks problems