iOS 8.4.1 is here with fixes for all your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch—and Apple Music—woes!
The new Music app has great new features like Up Next, and Apple Music includes streaming, Beats 1 radio and the Connect social network. But before you can use any of it, you have to download and install it. Luckily, the Apple makes that easy to do, either wirelessly through Software Update, or over USB using iTunes. Whichever method you prefer, here's how get iOS 8.4 and Apple Music installed on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Update: iOS 8.4.1 is here with a bunch of fixes for everything in the original, and especially for Apple Music. The installation method is the same, however, so just follow along!
How to install iOS 8.4.1 using Software Update on your iPhone or iPad
- Make sure you have a recent iCloud backup.
- Launch Settings from your Home screen.
- Tap on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install.
- Enter your Passcode, if prompted.
- Tap Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Tap Agree again to confirm.
- Tap Install Now to begin the update.
How to install iOS 8.4.1 using iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- Make sure you have a recent iTunes backup.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC
- Plug your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in using your USB to Lightning or USB to 30-pin Dock cable.
- Click on the device icon at the top left to go to the device tab.
- Click on Check for Update in the Summary pane.
- Click on Download and Update.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Passcode on your iPhone or iPad, if prompted.