Microsoft is giving its iPhone and iPad business users full access to its Skype for Business app. After launching in a preview form earlier this year, the app is now available publicly for both devices from the App Store.
Here are some of its main features:
- Initiate a group IM or video conversation and invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
- Simultaneously view shared content and speaker's video during a conference
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants' modalities
- Look at your upcoming meetings and join via one click
- Find your recent conversations and pick them up from where you left off
- Search your contacts by name, email, or phone number
- Enhanced security via Active Directory Authentication Library
Skype for Business is replacing the older Lync 2013 app. iPhone users with Lync 2013 will be automatically upgraded to the new Skype for Business app, but iPad users with Lync 2013 will have to manually download Skype for Business from the App Store.
- Free - Download now