There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it's impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don't have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we'll have the best of the best new apps waiting for you!
Best new and updated apps
This week, stay fashionable with Fashion Nova, practice mindfulness with Oak, and get your screenplay started on your phone with a unique app, Dialogue.
- Fashion Nova - This app is your official portal into the online clothing retailer Fashion Nova. The retailer adds 600 new styles weekly, and the app lets you browse through collections exclusive to the store. With its most recent updates, Fashion Nova has seen some design updates, added the ability to use gift cards when you check out, and you can now track your recently-viewed products. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Oak - This apps hopes to help you build a more mindful life with its guided meditations. Pick from the Meditate or Breathe sections based on what kind of mindfulness practice you want to implement into your life. Choose from male or female instructors, set session durations between 10 and 30 minutes, and listen to mellow background noise like soft rain and crackling fire. Your progress is tracked, and Oak supports HealthKit, letting your mindful minutes from the app show up in the Health app if you so desire. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Dialogue - Dialogue is a unique approach to screenwriting that makes writing a screenplay on your phone easy and engaging. You can quickly create characters within the app, giving them names, screenplay names, colors, and a custom avatar for easy identification. As you write out your scenes in the chat app-like interface, tap on the characters' avatars to associate dialogue with that character. Your scenes are written separately, organized like messages in a chat app, and you can arrange them at will. You can also export your screenplay as a PDF or convert the text to a fountain script and keep writing on a desktop. You can start using Dialogue for free, then pay $2.99 once to unlock unlimited screenplays. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Anchor - Anchor is a great way to find and share audio, and now, the app is aiming to be a one-stop shop for creating and listening to podcasts, too. With its 3.4 update, Anchor is now available on the iPad. Anchor for iPad lacks the library experience, being focused completely on podcast production, bringing the basic recording tools from the iPhone over the big screen of the iPad, along with new features exclusive to the iPad itself. These include support for split screen and drag and drop, as well as editing tools that let you trim the beginning and end of your recordings, split long recordings into multiple segments into which you can insert other audio. You can head to Anchor's website to get more detailed analytics. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Pixel Weather - This simple, cute weather forecast app looks to bring some whimsy and delight to a common task. But just because it's cute doesn't mean that this app doesn't have the information you're looking for. Of course you can get the forecast for up to 10 days ahead of time, and there are also weather maps, and a readout of local pollution, including the Air Quality Index. Save multiple cities, and check out your local weather quickly with the Pixel Weather widget. All of this is presented in a unique, colorful pixel art style. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Check out great recipes for summer with the cooking apps featured in this week's featured collection in the App Store.
Men Cook - Get simple, healthy recipes that are also easy on your wallet. Fit Men Cook automatically organizes recipes placed into your shopping cart by store aisle to take some of the hassle out of grocery shopping. The app can also track what you eat, and share that data with the Health app. The app recently added another 25 new recipes to its library, while making major updates to existing recipes. Free- Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Kitchen Stories - This app adds new recipes every week. Find exactly the kind of thing you're looking to make, with each recipe featuring beautiful photography and video of the various steps, as well as an easy-to-follow step-by-step guide. Videos also offer basic tricks for making your way around your kitchen. You can use Kitchen Stories to automatically generate shopping lists for ingredients in dishes that you want to try, as well as save favorite recipes for later. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
- Panna - Bringing in chefs like Nancy Silverton, Panna wants you to become more confident in your own cooking ability. Not only does Panna offer more than 500 video recipe guides, it also encourages you to take your cooking to the next level with its Panna Classes. These lessons are available with a $39.99 yearly subscription after a 7-day free trial, and teach you everything from baking bread to fine Italian cooking. Free - Download Now (opens in new tab)
Joseph Keller is the former Editor in Chief of iMore. An Apple user for almost 20 years, he spends his time learning the ins and outs of iOS and macOS, always finding ways of getting the most out of his iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and Mac.
Just FYI - the Fit Men Cook app is $3.99, not free.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.