iMessage lets you send more than just text, images, and video. You can also send contact cards, voice memos, map locations, and more. You do have to go to other apps to fetch the information you want to send, but once you're there, the Share Sheet makes it easy.
- How to share a contact card via Messages using the Contacts app on iPhone and iPad
- How to send Map locations and directions via iMessage on iPhone and iPad
- How to send a voice memo through iMessage on iPhone and iPad
How to share a contact card via iMessages using the Contacts app on iPhone and iPad
Sharing contact information with friends has never been easier than with iMessage.
- Launch the Contacts app. On the iPhone you can alternately use the Phone app if you'd prefer.
- Find and tap the Contact you'd like to share.
Now tap on Share Contact towards the bottom.
- Tap on Messages.
- Type the name of the person you'd like to share it with and select them.
Now tap Send.
You've successfully sent a contact with iMessage! Way more efficient than copying and pasting a phone number, eh?