iOS 5 beta gallery
You're flooding us with screen shots of iOS 5 (sometimes without removing your personal info first -- please do that!), and we're going to keep adding them here. Here's some of what we're seeing:
- iPod app is dead. Long live Music and Video apps. (More consistent with iPad, iPod touch.)
- Tap and hold a lock screen notification icon, then slide to view it
- If you hate the new style notifications, you can turn them off or switch back to the old popups
- You can update more than one app at once
- The square toggle sliders are round now
- There's a "buy more storage" button in iCloud
- There's a wireless iTunes sync setting
- Calendar now has week view in landscape mode
- Move Camera Roll photos to existing albums or create new ones
- Add multiple Twitter accounts in Settings
- Storage usage by app
- On-device software updates
- Open Safari links in background
- SMS/iMessage are the same app, sends depending on what receiver can handle (AT&T/Verizon must hate that)
Photo gallery after the break, and we'll update if/when we're sent more.
[Thanks Ethan, Richard, K, and anonymous!]
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
Get more iMore in your inbox!
Our news, reviews, opinions, and easy to follow guides can turn any iPhone owner into an Apple aficionado
Rene Ritchie is one of the most respected Apple analysts in the business, reaching a combined audience of over 40 million readers a month. His YouTube channel, Vector, has over 90 thousand subscribers and 14 million views and his podcasts, including Debug, have been downloaded over 20 million times. He also regularly co-hosts MacBreak Weekly for the TWiT network and co-hosted CES Live! and Talk Mobile. Based in Montreal, Rene is a former director of product marketing, web developer, and graphic designer. He's authored several books and appeared on numerous television and radio segments to discuss Apple and the technology industry. When not working, he likes to cook, grapple, and spend time with his friends and family.