WorldCard Mobile and WorldCard HD are iPhone and iPad apps that allows you to automatically add information on business cards to your Contacts by simply taking a photo. It has recently been updated with iCloud storage and syncing support.
Now excuse me, I have a pile of business cards from CES 2012 to start going scanning.
WorldCard Mobile, the leading business card scanning application for iPhone, uses OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology to instantly transfer information from business cards to the user’s native contacts. With a simple click of the camera, you no longer have to manually input contact info from business cards or email signatures.
- Superior text recognition
- High-speed scanning & update
- Card Holder function to view & manage contact info
- Create groups of contacts with Card Holder for easier navigation & organization (school, work, etc.)
- Cover flow and List style view for contacts
- Automatic camera shake reduction
- Email signature capture
- Automatic sorting of contact data
- Merge new data into existing contacts
- Auto-image rotation when scanned sideways
- Manual cropping by finger when recognition happens partially
- Ability to differentiate business cards from saved images
- Add Social Network Function.
- Image Distortion and Enhance.
- Export card information to Excel/CSV/Gmail file.
- Batch scan and recognize.
- Support camera flash(iphone 4).
- Support data exchange with WorldCard desktop software(Open In/ import /Export / iTunes File Sharing)
- Recognition of 7 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Dutch. You can switch from one language to another just like that!
- Integrated w/ WorldCard Contacts (sold separately) to make a call, text, email or browse the company website directly from business card images
WorldCard Mobile is available on the iPhone for $6.99 and WorldCard HD on the iPad for $14.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on iMore? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
I'd rather use cardmunch and it's free!!!!
But does it work?? Where's the review???
Hey, thanks for sharing this app. Just used it and it's really amazing, recognition is pretty accurate here :)
I have Business Card Reader by SHAPE Services. It does just the same thing and costs way less.
How long does it take for W2W to upload? My site is pretty small, and have tried several times... W2W doesn't display a taskbar or show progression, or Stop Responding, it just seems to "go and go and go and go".
HK Private Financial ServicesFinancial Consultants, Brokers, Intermediary Agents8A Oxford Road, London, NW6 5SLUnited KingdomTel: 44-7924425657
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.