Mobile gamers that find themselves craving a little more rock in their gaming may be in luck. Hard rockers Avenged Sevenfold have announced today that they are releasing a new action adventure role-playing game titled Hail to the King: Deathbat.
The game is a 3rd person dungeon crawler that details the origin of the bands mascot, the Deathbat. Along the way, the game pits the player against massive levels, undead minions, and "unforgiving bosses."
As we reported last month, the game is meant to be enjoyed along with a web series that the band has already released.
Features of the game include:
- Game tells the fictional story of the Deathbat.
- Play through levels inspired by Avenged Sevenfold's catalog.
- Play as members of the band (available as in-app purchases).
- Features an original score, written by Avenged Sevenfold.
- No must-purchase upgrades; price of game includes everything necessary to beat the game.
- 7 new paintings by artist Cam Rackam
- 14 pieces of never-before-seen artwork intended for use in earlier albums.
- Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan plays an integral part in the storyline and can be unlocked.
- Rich, immersive storyline that will appeal to gamers and fans of the band alike.
- Interact with non-playable characters to learn about and solve the mysteries of the island.
- Unlock new weapons and magical abilities to defeat enemy hoards and difficult bosses.
- 10-12 hours of gameplay.
- Additional "Nightmare Mode" for those who are able to beat the regular game.
Deathbat is available in 8 languages immediately on the App Store here. Are you a fan of Avenged Sevenfold? Are you interested in this game at all?