They say pictures are worth a thousand words. If that's the case, then adding photos to your notes will surely save you some time tapping away in the Notes app.
The added functionality of attaching media to a note transforms the Notes app from a simple word pad for jotting down quick notes into something closer to a full-fledged organizational tool that could replace third-party apps you might use on a daily basis.
How to add photos and videos in Notes
Let's look how to manage photos and videos from within the app itself. We'll start from scratch with a new note:
- Launch Notes from your Home screen.
- Tap the New Note button in the bottom right corner.
Tap on the white space to bring up the keyboard.
- Tap the grey circle with the plus sign to show the toolbar.
- Tap the camera button. A menu will pop up.
- Tap Photo Library to browse through pre-existing photos and videos on your phone.
Tap Choose when you find the photo or video you wish to add to the note.
- Tap Take Photo or Video to open the camera app.
Tap Use Photo when you're satisfied with your shot.
The photos will be inserted wherever your cursor is on the note. Once you've added a photo to your note, you'll have to delete and re-add the photo if you want to move it.
How to delete photos and videos in Notes
- Tap and hold on the photo or video you wish to delete.
- Tap Delete.
This will only remove the photo from the Notes app, so if you took a photo within the app, it will still be in your Photos library.
How to add photos and videos from another app
What's more, thanks to Apple's focus on integration across the iOS platform, It's incredibly easy to add photos to notes straight from your photo gallery or from the cloud via Google Drive or Dropbox. Simply find the media you're looking for, tap the share icon and select the Notes icon.
- Find the photo or video you'd like to add to a note from the app photo gallery.
- Tap the share button to bring up the share menu for Photo Gallery or Dropbox**,
For Google Drive, tap the More Options icon in the top right corner, then tap "Send a copy" to bring up the share menu.
- Tap Notes.
- You can add a caption that will be added below the photo/video in the note, in the next screen.
- Tap Save to add the photo/video to a new note
Tap Choose Note to add the photo/video to an existing note. It will be added to the end of the note.