How to re-download purchased apps and games on iPhone and iPad
If you frequently purchase apps and games on your iPhone or iPad, you may find yourself running out of space or cluttering up your Home screen with icons you barely launch anymore. Most people say they don't delete apps and games in fear of not being able to get them back. Luckily, thanks to iTunes in the Cloud, part of iCloud, you can easily re-download any apps or games you previously purchased whenever you'd like, at no additional cost to you.
How to download a previously purchased app you deleted on your iPhone or iPad
- Launch the App Store app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on the Updates tab in the bottom navigation.
- Tap on Purchased at the top.
- If you have Family Sharing enabled, tap on the name of the person who purchased the app. If you don't have Family Sharing enabled, you can just skip to step 5.
- Tap on the Not on This iPhone tab to filter out apps you already have installed.
- Tap on any cloud icon to re-download an app you previously purchased.
- If you know the app you'd like to re-download by name, pull down on the purchased section to reveal a search field. You can easily type in the name to quickly jump to it.
Note: Originally published, July 2014. Updated, November 2014.