Quip, the collaborative productivity suite for iPhone and iPad, Mac, and the Web, has launched a brand new spreadsheets experience. Spreadsheets have a fresh look and feel, and are more collaborative than before, targeted towards the ways in which teams actually use spreadsheets.
Here are the primary changes arriving with this update to Quip spreadsheets:
- Column filters to see the data that's important to you
- Merge cells - combine adjacent cells to better organize your sheets
- Checkboxes in cells so you can assign work to your team
- Higher cell density to make it easier to view and manage your spreadsheets
- Improved formatting – bold, italics, underline, strikethrough, text alignment, and hyperlink for individual words
- International currencies
- A ton of bug fixing (like, a ton)
You're also now able to embed spreadsheets to your team's documents, adding more context to the sheet. With this ability, you can also easily refer to spreadsheet data in the rest of your document by typing "=" and the cell name. It's also easier for each team member to find and comment on spreadsheets, and everyone can track changes in real time, and you can make comments to colleagues on individual cells in any given sheet.
You can grab Quip for Mac directly from Quip itself, while the iPhone and iPad app is available from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now