Vector is Mobile Nations' cross-site, cross-platform analysis podcast where we talk about the biggest stories and issues in tech with the smartest people in the industry. On this week's episode, Don Melton and Guy English join Rene to get super geeky about 4K TV (aka UHD or 2160p), HEVC (aka H.265), VP8, and the future of televisions, physical and digital media, and transcoding.
- Vector 22: How to rip and transcode video for the best quality possible
- 4K resolution
- Ultra-high definition television
- High efficiency video codec (H.265)
- Why Ultra HD 4K TVs are still stupid
- Active 3D vs. passive 3D: What's better?
- Netflix Internet Connection Speed Recommendations (Unfortunately, it doesn’t include their requirements for “Ultra HD.” That’s actually 12.6 Megabits per second.)
- 4K, HDMI, and Deep Color
Yell at us on Twitter or leave a comment below!