What you need to know
- Apple's new iPhone 12 debuts in stores today.
- Apple is also offering customers a range of new MagSafe accessories including chargers for the new device.
- Some select stores have a new MagSafe avenue to display the new range.
As noted by Storeteller on Twitter:
An ausgewählten Standorten thematisiert eine neue Avenue das kürzlich vorgestellte Zubehör mit MagSafe. | Fotos: @gonny und via @dragon_three Danke! #AppleAmsterdam #AppleOmotesando #AppleStore pic.twitter.com/mlCumstif8An ausgewählten Standorten thematisiert eine neue Avenue das kürzlich vorgestellte Zubehör mit MagSafe. | Fotos: @gonny und via @dragon_three Danke! #AppleAmsterdam #AppleOmotesando #AppleStore pic.twitter.com/mlCumstif8— Storeteller/Filip (@storetellee) October 23, 2020October 23, 2020
The photos, shared by @gonny and @dragon_three reveal Apple's brand new MagSafe Avenue. It contains a large image of Apple's new MagSafe wallet case for iPhone 12 in the center, and two 3x3 grid displays of Apple's various MagSafe charging and silicone case combinations, as well as docked iPhones alongside a MagSafe charger for demonstration purposes, and further silicone samples.
Photos here are taken in Tokyo's Omotesando store and Apple Amsterdam.
Apple's new MagSafe charging technology will afford customers another new way to charge their iPhones. From Apple's iPhone 12 announcement:
Apple's new MagSafe accessories include Apple's silicone case, MagSafe charger, and a MagSafe wallet.
Get the best of iMore in in your inbox, every day!
Stephen Warwick has written about Apple for five years at iMore and previously elsewhere. He covers all of iMore's latest breaking news regarding all of Apple's products and services, both hardware and software. Stephen has interviewed industry experts in a range of fields including finance, litigation, security, and more. He also specializes in curating and reviewing audio hardware and has experience beyond journalism in sound engineering, production, and design.
Before becoming a writer Stephen studied Ancient History at University and also worked at Apple for more than two years. Stephen is also a host on the iMore show, a weekly podcast recorded live that discusses the latest in breaking Apple news, as well as featuring fun trivia about all things Apple. Follow him on Twitter @stephenwarwick9
In general I like Apple a lot but I’m not of fan of this; so far anyway.
- I don’t like them using the MagSafe name as it seems to have little in common with the original MagSafe design of keeping the MacBook safe. MagSmart would be a bit better name.
- The wallet attachment seems to be anything but safe, or smart for that matter.
- Why do I want a clunky disk on the back of my iPhone or iPad when I need to both use and charge my device? A charging cable stays out of the way of my hands, and it looks to be much more secure.
- I do see potential for attaching to car mounts and the like without have to adhere a metal disk. That I like.
Thank you for signing up to iMore. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.