While Messages and FaceTime on the Mac are great ways to stay in touch with the people you care about, they also present solid methods of dealing with people you don't. Whether you're spammed with text messages or inundated with telemarketing calls, both Messages and FaceTime allow you to tune these annoyances out.
Follow the instructions below to learn exactly how to block messages and calls.
How to block a contact in Messages for Mac
- Open Messages on your Mac.
- Click on Messages in the Menu bar, then choose preferences.
- Click on the Accounts tab.
Under your iMessage account, hit the Blocked tab.
Tap the Add button (looks like a '+').
Select which contact you would like to block. Their name, number, and associated email addresses will be added to your block list.
How to block FaceTime calls on the Mac
- Launch FaceTime.
- Find the caller you want to block on the left side menu.
- Right-click or control-click on the contact.
Choose Block this caller from the drop-down menu. Their name, number, and associated email addresses will be added to your block list.
- Everything you need to know about FaceTime
- How to make a FaceTime call from your iPhone or iPad
- How to make a FaceTime call on your Mac
- How to add additional numbers and email addresses
- How to turn off and restrict FaceTime
- How to block phone and FaceTime calls on iPhone or iPad
- How to block FaceTime calls and iMessages on the Mac
- How to set up and use call relay on your Mac
- How to record a FaceTime call on your iPhone or Mac
Former Apple exec being sued for poaching talent is now suing Apple
Apple accuses Gerard Williams III of poaching chip designers for his new startup and has taken the matter to court. Now he's accusing Apple of the same.
This is how easily Apple could and should make a folding iPhone
Apple hasn't made a folding iPhone yet. But it could.
January 2020 NPD saw Super Smash Bros. Ultimate take the lead on Switch
The January 2020 NPD report has been released and a slow month of spending sees Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot take the top spot. The Nintendo Switch, to no shock, was the best-selling console of the month.
Every Pride-themed Snack We Could Find
Check out all these companies selling food and drinks that ALSO support the LGBTQ+ community with their voices AND their profits.