OtterBox launches new iPad case and cables designed for kids
What you need to know
- OtterBox has launched OtterBox Kids, its new lineup of kids-friendly accessories.
- At launch, the company has designed a durable iPad case and cables.
OtterBox, one of the most popular Apple accessory brands that also grace the shelves of its retail stores, is expanding its line of protective accessories to include a lineup of kids-focused cases and cables to help bring parents peace of mind when handing over the family iPad.
At launch, the OtterBox Kids lineup includes the EasyGrab Tablet Case, EasyGrab Multi-Use Case Stand, and some incredibly durable audio and power cables. The lineup is designed to let kids do their worst to the 8th generation iPad(and 7th Gen) without the worry of damaging it or the cables attached to it.
Here is a quick breakdown of some of the features:
- The EasyGrab Tablet Case has grip ridges that are ergonomically designed to accommodate growing hands - something that the built in, one-size-fits-all handles that you often see on kids tablet cases can't provide.
- The flexible EasyGrab Multi-Use Case Stand (shaped like a happy monkey) is great for home or on-the-go. Kids can angle it different ways, use it as carry handle or hook it onto the back of car seat for easy viewing.
- Kids are hard on technology so the thick, durable cables (built to outlast a 3,000 bend test) have a coil design to absorb sharp pulls and tugs while preventing the cable from getting tangled. Plus the smooth cables are easy to clean.
- The audio cable is designed at a right angle so it does not protrude from the tablet. This helps prevent headphone cord breakage in the tablet.
- The case and the screen protectors are antimicrobial.
The lineup is built around the EasyGrab Tablet Case, which is designed to protect the 7th and 8th generation iPad from all kinds of different impacts. Below is a breakdown of the features:
- Grip ridges for easy and ergonomic hold by growing hands
- Raised edges protect camera and screen
- Lasting antimicrobial technology withstands frequent use of cleaning and sanitizing wipes
- Includes the EasyGrab Multi-Use Case Stand, the perfect sidekick for road trips or use at home. The flexible stand hooks onto the back of car seats for easy viewing and can be set on a table for school work or used as a convenient carrying handle.
The EasyGrab Tablet Case is available for $60 (7th/8th Gen iPad) and $50 (5th Gen iPad Mini). The EasyGrab Mobile Cable Bundle includes the power (Lightning to USB-A) and audio cable (3.5mm) for additional protection and will cost $40.
The case and cable bundle is available now at Target and will soon be available for purchase on the OtterBox website as well.
Get the best of iMore in your inbox, every day!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.