What you need to know
- Apple is now offering carrier promotions directly through its website.
- There are offers from all four carriers for the new iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro.
- We've put the list together so you can find the best offer for you.
Most years, buying your iPhone through Apple is pretty straightforward. You can either purchase your new phone outright or sign up with the iPhone Upgrade Program. While the iPhone Upgrade Program works with your carrier, it usually meant forgoing some of the promotional savings that carriers would offer if you bought your iPhone directly through them and their own financing options.
For the iPhone 12, buying the device SIM-free is still an option, but it will start you at $829 for the 64GB configuration. If you activate it with your carrier, all four (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint) are offering a $30 instant discount at activation that will lower the cost by $30.
In addition, AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint are offering the following promotions:
- AT&T: Get iPhone 12 from $0/month over 30 months after trade-in with AT&T. Get up to $800 in bill credits after eligible trade-in of iPhone 8 or newer, or up to $350 in bill credits after eligible trade-in of iPhone 6s through iPhone 7 Plus.
- Verizon: New customers can get iPhone 12 from $10.37/month over 24 months after trade in. Existing customers can get iPhone 12 from $14.95/month over 24 months after trade in.
- T-Mobile: Get an additional $150 trade-in credit from T‑Mobile/Sprint with trade-in of iPhone 8 or newer.
iPhone 12 Pro
If you purchase a SIM-free version of the iPhone 12 Pro at Apple, your new iPhone will start at $999 for the 128 configuration. While there is no $30 instant discount across the carriers with the Pro model, each carrier does have its own offer for the iPhone 12 Pro:
- AT&T: Get iPhone 12 Pro from $6.64/month over 30 months after trade-in with AT&T. Get up to $800 in bill credits after eligible trade-in of iPhone 8 or newer, or up to $350 in bill credits after eligible trade-in of iPhone 6s through iPhone 7 Plus.
- Verizon: New customers can get iPhone 12 from $18.70/month over 24 months after trade in. Existing customers can get iPhone 12 from $23.29/month over 24 months after trade in.
- T-Mobile/Sprint: Get an additional $150 trade-in credit with a trade-in of iPhone 8 or newer.
If you qualify for one of these offers, make sure to check the details of the offer to understand what you need to do in order to receive it. For example, the AT&T trade-in offer requires you to trade in your old iPhone to AT&T directly, so Apple asks you to select "No" when it asks if you have a trade-in while purchasing your new iPhone on its website. The company has done a great job to guide you through the promotion process, so just make sure to follow the instructions.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
More smartphone makers to follow Apple in ditching headphones from boxes
A recent DigiTimes report includes an indication that more smartphone makers will follow Apple's lead in ditching headphones from their smartphone boxes, a move that will benefit sales of true wireless products.
The MagSafe Charger may leave a circular imprint on leather iPhone cases
According to a new Apple Support document, the company is warning those who use a leather case with their iPhone of potential imprints.
Apple Stores get huge neon window dressing to celebrate iPhone 12 launch
Some Apple Stores now have some huge, neon window dressings as the company releases iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro to the world.
Colorful choices! So which iPhone 12 shade is right for you?
This year, you can select from five colors for the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini. Which one is your favorite? You decide!