HeyTell is an iPhone app that allows users to send voice messages to each other without actually making a phone. It's like texting, only voice.
I have not had a chance to try this out yet, but it comes highly recommended by a TiPb reader. [Thanks Matt!]
Details and screenshots after the break.
Use HeyTell as a walkie talkie, intercom, or instant voice messaging system to send quick voice messages to friends and family with iPhones or iPods. Use the integrated geolocation feature to find your friends when they've given you bad directions and you're just around the corner!
- Send and receive voice messages with other HeyTell users with the press of a single button
- Voice messages are quicker than SMS—and free!
- Very low data usage, no more than sending an email
- Works on 3G, EDGE, 1X or WiFi
- Superior audio quality: At 16 kHz, HeyTell delivers twice the frequency range of a cell phone call
- Push notifications alert you whenever a voice message is received and the app is closed
- Favorites: Favorite and export messages you like to email or Facebook!
- Export messages you record to Facebook, Twitter, Email, and more!
- Extras: Use the in-app purchase function to set alert tones, send messages to groups, change your voice, automatically expire and batch-delete messages, and add emojis to your name!
- Quickly friend, unfriend, or block contacts. Adding contacts as friends ensures that you can always quickly find them by tapping the To: field and tapping "Friends."
- Choose from three different privacy levels to control how users can contact you without an invite:
- Low Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information can connect with you without an invite.
- Medium Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information and is friends with one of your HeyTell friends can connect with you. Otherwise, they must invite you to connect.
- High Privacy: No one can connect with you until you accept their invitation.
- If you want to, share your location with selected contacts while you talk
- Conversations can be saved and replayed offline, or deleted on-demand
- All data and audio you transmit to HeyTell and your friends is encrypted in transit
- Earpiece and speakerphone functionality: Press the SPEAKER button to toggle earpiece vs. speakerphone mode (If you find earpiece sound is too low, enable the speaker)
- Supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch devices (2G and 3G iPod Touches require external microphone)
- You do not need to share personal information to connect with HeyTell contacts. See http://heytell.com/privacy and http://heytell.com/faq for more information about connecting without sharing phone numbers or email addresses!
HeyTell is available on the iPhone for free and has optional in-app purchases.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Plan your day with Hour Blocks and its amazing iOS 14 Home screen widgets
Planning your day is no fun but sometimes you find an app that goes some way to making it less boring. Hour Blocks does a decent job and it looks lovely, too.
Scribble Together gets the coolest iOS 14 App Clip we've seen so far
Scribble Together has released its new App Clip for Scribble Together, which will allow users to collaborate on a Scribble Together whiteboard even if they don't have the app.
TikTok is being banned in the U.S. from Sunday, September 20
The U.S. Department of Commerce will ban TikTok and WeChat from U.S app stores from Sunday.
iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot, but you can use a flash drive instead!
Having a flash drive that works with your iPhone is a great little piece accessory to have in your back pocket! Here are the best options for backing up your phone.