What you need to know
- Linksys has added HomeKit support for its Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 System.
- Users can now add the router to the Home app.
Linksys is bringing HomeKit Secure Router support to one of its best mesh WiFi systems. The company announced earlier today that the Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 System, also known as the Linksys Atlas Pro 6 Tri-band, now supports Apple HomeKit. This means that owners of the router can add it to their homes in the Home app.
Check out the full list of features of the Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 System below:
- WiFi 6 means higher speeds and 4x more capacity for more devices simultaneously connected
- Intelligent Mesh™ technology is designed to deliver gigabit WiFi speeds to cover every corner of your home
- Easy set up and control through the free Linksys app
- Parental controls to protect kids online
- 1.4 GHz quad-core processor for smooth video calls, streaming, and gaming
- Works with Apple HomeKit
Apple set up some pretty cool functionality for routers added to the Home app. Not only are you able to access certain controls for the router itself, but a router set up with HomeKit sandboxes all connections inside your home. This ensures that, even if one device is compromised on your network, all of your other devices will stay protected. HomeKit restrictions in the Home app include:
- Restrict to Home: Only allow connections to your home hub. This may block firmware updates or other services.
- Automatic: Allow connections with an automatically-updated list of manufacturer-approved internet services and local devices.
- No Restriction: Allow connections with any internet service or local device. This provides the lowest level of security.
Owners of the Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 System can download a free update to add their router to the Home app now.
HomeKit Secure Router
The latest HomeKit Secure Router from Linksys covers every corner of your home with ultra-fast WiFi 6.
Master your iPhone in minutes
iMore offers spot-on advice and guidance from our team of experts, with decades of Apple device experience to lean on. Learn more with iMore!
Joe Wituschek is a Contributor at iMore. With over ten years in the technology industry, one of them being at Apple, Joe now covers the company for the website. In addition to covering breaking news, Joe also writes editorials and reviews for a range of products. He fell in love with Apple products when he got an iPod nano for Christmas almost twenty years ago. Despite being considered a "heavy" user, he has always preferred the consumer-focused products like the MacBook Air, iPad mini, and iPhone 13 mini. He will fight to the death to keep a mini iPhone in the lineup. In his free time, Joe enjoys video games, movies, photography, running, and basically everything outdoors.